Provide operations coordination for the Kalamazoo County Land Bank including administrative support and front line services to the public. The position offers an opportunity to learn a wide range of skills and gain experience in community development and the public sector as well as grow experience in business and operations management. The position reports to the Assistant Director and will also provide support to the Finance Manager, Executive Director, Grants and Communications Manager and other team members as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for supporting the overall operation and administrative needs of KCLBA, a public corporation that works to repurpose, renew and reconnect abandoned and blighted properties in Kalamazoo County. The incumbent will be responsible for a variety of operational needs some of which will change from time to time dependent on the life cycle of projects and grants. The incumbent will be part of a small team of staff that works with a variety of contractors and partners. The position requires flexibility and a positive orientation. Generally, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- E Property Plus (property management database) contract administration and point person for updates and modifications
- Utilize Land Bank property database, including data entry and modification, and reporting
- Preparation of deeds and associated documents including recording with Register of Deeds
- Manage contracts as delegated including EPS security support and coordination under the direction of the Assistant Director and janitorial services
- Provide coordination for third party IT services, manage copy and IT contracts as assigned under the direction of the Finance Manager
- Manage Land Bank database(s), lists of contacts as directed
- Manage survey monkey, mail chimp communication vehicles as needed
- Store and save published press articles (upcoming board folders, and website)
- Provide administrative support and coordination for Land Bank property research, update e prop plus, participate in effort to update website
- Coordination and communication and tracking for 5/50 collections involving acquisitions and dispositions
- Serve as primary point person on adopt a lot applications and leases
- Support compliance with grants including uploading and storing documents, assisting with navigating complex funder requirements and communication with team members to gather information for submittal.
- Create mail merges, check for accuracy, print letters and prepare mailings
- Provide administrative support services to Land Bank and Vibrant boards meetings including sending meeting reminders, setting meetings via doodle polls, preparing board packets, and taking minutes and drafting for approval by the ED, board secretary and Vibrant or Land Bank boards.
- Manage facility rentals at Riverview Launch
Finance Admin Support
- Support the financial management systems of the Land Bank by entering accounts payable, cash receipts in General Ledger software; conveying daily deposits to financial institutions and scanning/attaching documents in general ledger software.
Community Engagement and Events Support
- Provide administrative support for events
Front Line Services
- Serve as the primary face to the public of the agency for general inquiries. Greet all visitors to the Land Bank offices, and advise and direct appropriately. Answer the Land Bank main line, answer general inquiries and direct calls.
Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Desired Skills
College degree in Public Administration, Accounting, Planning, Business, or similar field required. Administrative, business or operations experience desired. Flexible and positive approach. Diplomacy and ability to work with a range of audiences and individuals.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Detail oriented and professional with good people skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and produce accurate work within deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, and email.
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint)- Groupwise – Graphic skills such as Canva or In Design a plus
Salary and Benefits: County band K7 $43,596 to $47,632. Generous benefits including health and life insurance, retirement match and 23.5 paid time off days per year including sick, personal and vacation.
The Kalamazoo County Land Bank is a member of the Positive Organizations Consortium based at the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan.
The Positive Organizations Consortium is the preeminent peer-to-peer learning and networking cooperative designed to enhance the business effectiveness and sustainability of positive organizational change. The Consortium unites researchers and organizational change leaders in the quest to build a better working world.
Interested applicants should respond by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
Applications will be received on a rolling basis, and applicants are encouraged to submit by January 10th, 2020.
We believe the strength of our organization depends on our commitment to value, respect and embrace diversity, and we look forward to hearing from talented people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.